Valuation Officer Trainee (Civil Service Vacancy)
Salary : Training Pay Scale Point 4 (HK$13,570) to Training Pay Scale Point 6 (HK$15,400) per month
Entry Requirements :
Candidates should have:-
(i) Level 3 or above in Mathematics, and Level 2 or equivalent or above in four other subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(ii) Grade C or above in Mathematics, and Level 2 / Grade E or above in four other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
- met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
Note: The subjects in (a) above may include Chinese Language and English Language.
- For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
- For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- Candidates who at the time of assuming duty have a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Estate Surveying from a Hong Kong recognised University / Polytechnic / Technical Institute, or equivalent, would be eligible for the post of Valuation Officer. Such candidates will not be considered for the post of Valuation Officer Trainee. Successful candidates will be required to make a declaration to that effect.
- For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
To undergo both formal and on-the-job training as Valuation Officers, whose duties include:
- surveying and referencing landed properties which include the preparation of plans and reports, collecting and collating information relating to landed properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes;
- assisting in the valuation of properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes, in the leasing and purchasing of offices and quarters for Government use, in property management work and in the administration of the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance;
- answering public enquiries, assisting in handling correspondence, and maintaining office and valuation records; and
- such other duties related to the above as required.
(Note: A Valuation Officer Trainee is required to work both outdoor and indoor.)
Terms of Appointment :
- A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
- Valuation Officer Trainees may be promoted to the Valuation Officer rank [Master Pay Scale Point 9 ($20,650) to Master Pay Scale Point 22 ($40,505) per month] if they have satisfactorily completed 3 years’ departmental training and obtained a Certificate in Valuation and Property Management from a recognised technical institute, or equivalent.
How to Apply :
- Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
- Completed application forms together with copies of the certificates and documents in support of applicants’ academic qualification should reach the following address on or before the closing date for application. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please specify the title of the post being applied for on the envelope and ensure the mail item bears sufficient postage.
- Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's Internet website ( http://www.csb.gov.hk ). Candidates who apply online should submit copies of supporting documents within one week after close of the application period to the following address, and the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will not be considered.
- Applications received after the stated closing date will not be considered.
- Invitation to the recruitment interview will be issued via email. Please ensure that accurate email address is provided and that the email account can receive incoming emails properly. Candidates for the above vacancy who are not invited for interview by 30 June 2018 should assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Address and Enquiry Telephone :
Establishment and Appointment Section, Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. For enquiries, please call 2150 8823.
Closing Date for Application : 18 January 2018
5 January 2018