List of RSS Feeds in the Rating and Valuation Department (RVD)
|Subject||URL to copy to RSS Reader||Subscribe|
|Publications and Statistics||www.rvd.gov.hk/xml/rss_publications_statistics_en.xml|
What is RSS?
"RSS" stands for "really simple syndication", which is a way of notifying you about content changes on websites. Subscribing to RSS feeds allows you to keep track of updates from multiple websites without having to go from one site to another.
Rating and Valuation Department provides RSS feed on this website, covering what’s new, publications and statistics. With these feeds, you can easily stay informed of updates of the department.
How can I subscribe to RSS feeds?
The most common ways to view RSS feeds are:
- Using an Internet browser equipped with an RSS subscription function. Most browsers can present the headlines of RSS feeds in the form of browser bookmarks;
- Using a dedicated RSS reader, which is a software developed to view feeds with more advanced functions;
- By integrating RSS feeds into your website or blog, which is becoming increasingly popular.
You can subscribe to an RSS feed in two simple steps:
- Choose an RSS reader to view a feed; and
- Indicate the RSS feed to which you would like to subscribe
Using a browser equipped with an RSS reader
Some browsers allow subscriptions to RSS feeds. The browser will display an RSS button at the end of the address bar or in the tool bar whenever you visit a webpage that provides a feed. Just click on the RSS icon to subscribe. You can then view the latest information via the browser's bookmarks or a shortcut in the tool bar.
Using a dedicated RSS Reader
Free RSS readers are easy to find by searching online with keywords such as "RSS reader". When you have subscribed to or installed a dedicated RSS reader, you can add an RSS feed by copying an address, such as "www.rvd.gov.hk/xml/rss_news_en.xml", and pasting it to the subscription box of your reader.