Valuation Surveyor (Civil Service Vacancy)
Salary :Master Pay Scale Point 30 ($61,060) to Master Pay Scale Point 44 ($105,175) per month
Entry Requirements :
Candidates should have:-
- Corporate Membership in the General Practice Division of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, or equivalent;
- passed the Aptitude Test in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE);
- met the language proficiency requirements of ‘Level 1’ results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the CRE, or equivalent (See Note (1)); and
- one year’s relevant post-qualification working experience. Candidates without the requisite experience, but are expected to obtain the requisite experience by 31 March 2020, may also apply.
- For equivalent qualifications, please visit the following webpage of the Civil Service Bureau for details: http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/recruit/cre/949.html
- For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate's overall assessment.
A Valuation Surveyor is mainly deployed on valuing landed property for rating, Government rent and other purposes; advising on rents and the leasing, acquisition, disposal and management of Government owned or occupied premises; representing the Commissioner in rating, Government rent and other appeals; supervising and monitoring the work of professional trainees and technical staff; and training technical and support staff.
Terms of Appointment :
A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
How to Apply :
- Application forms (G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (https://www.csb.gov.hk).
- Completed application forms together with copies of the certificates, transcripts and documents in support of applicants’ academic and professional qualification as well as working experience should reach the following address on or before the closing date for application. Applications received after the stated closing date will NOT be considered.
- On-line application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website (https://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply online should submit copies of supporting documents WITHIN ONE WEEK after close of application period to the following address, and the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will NOT be considered.
- Invitation to the recruitment interview will be issued via email. Please ensure that accurate email address is provided and that your email account can receive incoming emails properly. Candidates for the above vacancy who are not invited for interview by 31 October 2019 should assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Enquiry Email For CheckList: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address and Enquiry Telephone : Establishment and Appointment Section, Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. For enquiries, please call 2150 8823
Closing Date for Application : 16 August 2019
Newspapers Advertised (with date): Ming Pao Daily News (2 August 2019) and South China Morning Post (3 August 2019)