Valuation Officer (Civil Service Vacancy)
Salary : Master Pay Scale Point 9 (HK$21,585 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 22 (HK$42,330 per month).
Entry Requirements :
Candidates should have:-
- a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Estate Surveying from a Hong Kong recognised University / Polytechnic / Technical Institute, or equivalent (See Note 1); and
- met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (See Note 2) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent.
- Estate Surveying is a specialist field. An equivalent qualification must be relevant to Estate Surveying (e.g. valuation, property management). In other words, any qualification in an irrelevant field/subject is not an equivalent qualification to Estate Surveying. Holders of such qualification should not apply for this post as their applications will not be accepted.
- For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKDSE and henceforth.
- For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
A Valuation Officer is mainly deployed on surveying and referencing landed properties which include the preparation of plans and reports, collecting and collating information relating to landed properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes; assisting in the valuation of properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes, in the leasing and purchasing of offices and quarters for Government use, in property management work and in the administration of the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance; answering public enquiries, assisting in handling correspondence, and maintaining office and valuation records; assisting in the training of junior technical staff; and such other duties related to the above as required. (Note : A Valuation Officer is required to work both outdoor and indoor.)
Terms of Appointment :
A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
How to Apply :
- Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (www.csb.gov.hk).
- Completed forms together with copies of supporting documents should reach the address shown below on or before the closing date for application. Please specify the title of the post being applied for on the envelope. The requested copies of supporting documents include certificates showing the results achieved in Chinese and English languages and transcripts. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will NOT be considered.
- Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website (www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply online should submit copies of the above supporting documents within one week after close of the application period to the address shown below, and the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the supporting documents.
- Applications received after the stated closing date will not be considered.
- Invitation to the recruitment interview will be issued via email. Please ensure that accurate email address is provided and that your email account can receive incoming emails properly. Candidates for the above vacancy who are not invited for interview by 31 December 2019 should assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Address and Enquiry Telephone :
Establishment and Appointment Section, Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. For enquiries, please call 2150 8823.
Closing Date for Application :10 October 2019
Newspapers Advertised (with date): Ming Pao Daily News (27 September 2019) and South China Morning Post (28 September 2019)
27 September 2019