Valuation Officer Trainee (Civil Service Vacancy)
Salary :Training Pay Scale Point 4 (HK$15,310) to Training Pay Scale Point 6 (HK$17,370) per month
Entry Requirements :
Candidates should have:-
- (i) Level 3 or above in Mathematics, and Level 2 or equivalent or above in four other subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(ii) Grade C or above in Mathematics, and Level 2 / Grade E or above in four other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
- a pass result in the Basic Law and National Security Law test.
Note: The subjects in (a) above may include Chinese Language and English Language.
- For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
- For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- Candidates who at the time of assuming duty have a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Estate Surveying from a Hong Kong recognised University / Polytechnic / Technical Institute, or equivalent, would be eligible for the post of Valuation Officer. Such candidates will not be considered for the post of Valuation Officer Trainee. Successful candidates will be required to make a declaration to that effect.
- All applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their knowledge of the Basic Law and the National Security Law. A pass result in the Basic Law and National Security Law Test is an entry requirement for all civil service jobs. Only those candidates who have passed the Basic Law and National Security Law Test will be considered for appointment. For candidates who have not taken the relevant Basic Law and National Security Law Test or have not attained a pass result in the relevant Basic Law and National Security Law Test at the time of application, they may still apply for the job and arrangements will be made for them to take the relevant Basic Law and National Security Law Test during the recruitment process.
To undergo both formal and on-the-job training as Valuation Officers, whose duties include:
- surveying and referencing landed properties which include the preparation of plans and reports, collecting and collating information relating to landed properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes;
- assisting in the valuation of properties for rating, Government rent and other purposes, in the leasing and purchasing of offices and quarters for Government use, in property management work and in the administration of the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance;
- answering public enquiries, assisting in handling correspondence, and maintaining office and valuation records; and
- such other duties related to the above as required.
(Note: A Valuation Officer Trainee is required to work both outdoor and indoor.)
Terms of Appointment :
- A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
- Valuation Officer Trainees may be promoted to the Valuation Officer rank [Master Pay Scale Point 9 ($23,295) to Master Pay Scale Point 22 ($45,670) per month] if they have satisfactorily completed 3 years’ departmental training and obtained a Certificate in Valuation and Property Management from a recognised technical institute, or equivalent.
How to Apply :
- Application forms (G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (www.csb.gov.hk).
- Completed application forms together with copies of the certificates showing the results achieved in Chinese and English languages, transcripts and documents in support of applicants’ academic qualification, professional qualification as well as working experience and supporting documents mentioned in the entry requirements should reach the contract address below on or before the closing date for application. Applications received after the stated closing date will NOT be considered.
- The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please specify the title of the post being applied for on the envelope and ensure the mail item bears sufficient postage. Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not made in the prescribed form, or without the required documents under item (b) above will NOT be considered.
- Applicants may also apply online through the Civil Service Bureau's website (www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply online should submit copies of above supporting documents WITHIN ONE WEEK after close of application period to the contact address below (or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org), and the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will NOT be considered
- Invitation to the recruitment interview will be issued via email. Please ensure that accurate email address is provided and that your email account can receive incoming emails properly. Candidates for the above vacancy who are not invited for interview by 30 April 2023 should assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Enquiry Email : email@example.com
Contact Address and Enquiry Telephone :
Establishment and Appointment Section, Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. For enquiries, please call 2150 8821.
Closing Date for Application :2 December 2022
Newspapers Advertised (with date): Ming Pao Daily News (18 November 2022) and South China Morning Post 19 November 2022)
18 November 2022