Provision of Information to RVD Upon Sale/Letting
Guidelines for Providing Information to Rating and Valuation Department (“RVD”) Upon Completion of a Sale or Lease Transaction
Upon completion of a sale transaction, the new owner (or the authorised agent/representative) is advised to notify RVD of any changes in payer's particulars (name and correspondence address) by:
- Form or Slip Submission; or
- Letter or Email; or
- Online Change of Payer's Particulars.
Upon completion of a lease transaction including fresh letting and renewal, the landlord/tenant (or their agent/representative) is advised to notify RVD of any changes in payer's particulars (name and correspondence address), and provide rental particulars for lease transactions.
- Landlord/Principal Tenant to submit Form CR109 to RVD for a domestic tenancy under Part IV of the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance (“LTCO”)
- Landlord to submit Form AR2 to RVD for a regulated tenancy within 60 days after the term of the tenancy commences under Part IVA of LTCO
- Landlord/Principal Tenant or Tenant to notify RVD if there is any change in payer’s particulars (name and correspondence address)
Landlord or Tenant to:
- Provide rental information to RVD
- Notify RVD if there is any change in payer's particulars (name and correspondence address)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS ?
- Ensure timely receipt of rates and/or Government rent demands at the new payer's correspondence address.
- Facilitate rating assessments by providing the up-to-date rental information.
- Free of charge endorsement of Form CR109 submitted timely, and such endorsement would entitle the landlord to maintain an action to recover the rent under Part IV of LTCO.
- The landlord of a regulated tenancy must complete and submit a Notice of Tenancy (Form AR2) to the Commissioner of Rating and Valuation (“Commissioner”) WITHIN 60 DAYS after the term of the tenancy commences or is taken to commence under Part IVA of LTCO. The landlord of a regulated tenancy may not maintain an action to recover any rent under the tenancy unless the notice is endorsed by the Commissioner.